Fire Tips To Keep Your Family Safe
If you have fire damage to your Houston, TX home, call SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball at (281) 374-6454.
According to the American Burn Association, children are the most susceptible to burn injuries. 73% of all burn injuries happen in the home. At some point in time, children are going to be curious about fire, but it can be dangerous and costly.
Here are some tips to follow to keep your family safe according to the National Protection Association:
- Be sure to keep all matches and lighters out of the reach of children, preferably somewhere up high or in a locked cabinet.
- Closely supervise your children, making sure that they are away from any fire sources, including lit candles, cigarettes, fire pits, and stoves.
- Take advantage of any opportunity to teach your children about fire safety.
- Explain that fires are something to be taken seriously as they move very fast and can hurt you with contact.
- Teach young children to not touch matches or lighters, and to notify an adult immediately if found.
- Establish a clear set of rules and consequences about unsupervised and unapproved uses of fire.
- Remember, children are always watching. Make sure you set a good example by handling fire in a safe manner.
- Show your children appreciation for displaying respect and age-appropriate responsibility when it comes to fire.
If your children happen to burn themselves, cool the burn by running it under cold water for 10 to 15 minutes.
If it is a more serious burn, CALL 9-1-1.
The 6 Step of Water Mitigation
SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball is always here to help, give us a call at (281) 374-6454 if you have storm or water damage to your Houston, TX home.
When your property incurs water damage, acting quickly is important
When you discover water damage, you can count on SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball's six-step restoration process to truly restore your property to its pre-damage condition.
6 Steps to Water Damage Restoration
- Initial Emergency Contact
- You can call us 24 hours a day to begin the water restoration process because taking immediate action is crucial after water damage occurs. When you call us, we will ask you questions to get an overview of the damage and to help us determine what resources to dispatch to you.
- Inspection and Damage Assessment
- When we arrive on the scene in response to water damage, we will do a detailed property inspection to assess the scope of the damage and to develop a thorough plan of action. We will identify the water source, the category of water, and check for safety concerns.
- Moisture Extraction
- The water extraction process will remove the majority of moisture via our vacuum and pump units. We will start this process as quickly as possible to lessen the likelihood of more damage occurring and to reduce drying time. We can also help you move out of your belongings in the event that they might be damaged as well.
- Dehumidifying and Drying
- After the excess water has been removed, we can begin fully drying all porous materials that have absorbed water. Our industrial-grade equipment moves air quickly and helps moisture to evaporate as fast as possible, which will dry out floors, walls, and carpets as well as discourage mold growth.
- Cleaning and Repair
- After sustaining water damage, impacted surfaces will typically require professional cleaning. In addition to structural cleaning, we will clean your belongings that are able to be restored. We will also do odor removal to prevent the musty odor that water-damaged objects often develop.
- The final step is ensuring that your property is restored to its pre-water condition. This will involve things like drywall and flooring repairs or even reconstruction. By working with us, you are working with a company that can handle all elements of the restoration, including the difficult reconstruction parts that truly restores things back to their pre-damaged state.
We Are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball offers Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned services for your residential and commercial buildings. Call us today at (281) 374-6454.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the corona virus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of COVID-19, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball, (281) 374-6454.
Flooding Strikes Everywhere
Call SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball at (281) 374-6454, we are always here to help!
Floods rank as one of the most common and widespread natural disasters in the United States. Whether you live near a coastline, along city streets, in the mountains, near a river or even in the desert, there is a potential for suffering flood damage. In fact, nearly 25% of last year’s claims paid by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) were for policies in moderate to low-risk communities. According the NFIP, houses in the United States have a 26% chance of being damaged by a flood during the course of a 30-year mortgage, while businesses face similar risks by flooding. On average, flood cost $6 billion in annual losses in the U.S. The following are a few more little-known flood facts:
- Flood kills an average of 140 people per year in the U.S. making flooding the deadliest disaster.
- More than half of all fatalities during floods are auto related, often the result of drivers misjudging the depth of water on a road and being swept away in a swiftly moving current.
- The principle causes of floods in the eastern United States are hurricanes and storms.
- The principle causes of floods in the western United States are snow melt and rainstorms.
- Underpasses can be some of the most dangerous places during a flash flood – especially at night, when it is difficult to see.
With over 45 years of experience, SERVPRO has restored flood-damaged homes and businesses from coast to coast. Our Global Disaster Recovery Team is trained and equipped to handle the largest storms and the highest flood waters.
It's Hurricane Season!!
SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball is here to help 24/7, 365! Call us at (281) 374-6454
Hurricane Hanna made landfall in South Texas over the weekend causing some serious damage and flooding. SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball was dispatched to Corpus Christi and The Valley to assist in the cleanup process. We have crews out there right now drying out a large commercial building that has water damage from the hurricane. We also brought equipment to help other SERVPRO franchises in the area because of the large amount of water damage.
For more information regarding Hurricanes and Tropical storms, visit the National Hurricane Center.
If you have been affected or impacted by a storm call SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball at (281) 374-6454. We are always here to help! We are now a Global Disaster Recovery Team, which means we have the proper training, equipment, and facilities located in various locations to ensure that we are always nearby and ready to help.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Call SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball at 281-374-6454 if you have any questions or concerns! We are here to help 24/7, 365 days a year!
Being open for business is just the beginning of our new journey forward. Employees may be hesitant to return to work and customers may wonder whether the businesses they patronize are safe. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean. Are you ready to communicate with your customers and employees that you’ve chosen a higher standard of clean for all Americans? Are you ready to be Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned?
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that SERVPRO offers to commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 global pandemic. This is a level of clean that goes far beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. When you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard—you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on over 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE™, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will help ensure you and your business are set up to inspire customer confidence as the economy begins to reopen.
To schedule your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation—Contact SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball today (281) 374-6454!
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision-makers on the first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Do You Have an Escape Plane
SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball is here to help 24/7, 365 days a year. Give us a call at (281) 374-6454 if you have fire damage to your home or business.
Fire Escape Plane
Studies have confirmed that a home fire is reported every 88 seconds. Once the smoke alarm sounds, a fire can spread quickly, leaving only a minute or two to escape the area. That’s why it is so important to have a home escape plan.
Start by drawing a map for your home and follow these guidelines from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Plan two way to escape from each room
- Make sure all doors and windows leading outside open easily
- Identify secondary route—a window onto an adjacent roof or a collapsible ladder from upper-story windows
- If you live in a multi-story building, plan to use the stairs—never the elevator
- Designate an outside meeting place that is a safe distance from the house where everyone should meet
First Responder Flood Tips
Call SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball at (281) 374-6454
As a first responder, when a disaster happens your first inclination may be to rush out and help your neighbors in Houston, TX, and surrounding areas. In the case of severe flooding, extra steps need to be taken to ensure everyone’s safety and well-being.
Before heading into assisting with flood response, be sure to be up to date with immunizations. Current guidelines require the following:
- Tetanus, which requires a booster every 10 years
- Hepatitis B, which typically requires no booster except for special circumstances
What to Expect
Floods create an environment in which potential hazards could be around any corner. They can knock down power lines, pick up large debris as it flows, and cause sinkholes or unstable ground. Even using a generator or trying to drive to an area in a dire situation could result in negative consequences. Additional hazards to consider include, drowning, trees or limbs falling, carbon monoxide or chemical exposure, insects, rodents or insect infestations, injuries from lifting or falling, and hypothermia.
Protect Yourself to Help Others
As a trained first responder, you understand that you can only help if you keep safety a priority. During a disaster, the following can help make the challenging situation smoother during and after the storm:
- Wear protective clothing, boots, eye goggles, and gloves.
- Floodwaters can pick up chemicals, bacteria, and other contaminants, so it’s ideal to wear disposable clothes to avoid spreading contamination. Wash non-disposable clothes immediately after providing assistance.
- Flooding often results in the quick growth of mold and mildew. Wearing a certified mask can prevent breathing in spores and other particles.
- Wash hands thoroughly after touching any material or equipment that has been in contact with floodwaters.
While you may feel you are ready for anything as a first responder, your safety and that of those around you should also come first. Once everyone is safe, you can count on the experts to handle the cleanup!
We Can Help With Commercial Fire Damage in Houston, TX
Call SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball at (281) 374-6454 if you have damage to your commercial property!
Commercial Fire Damage in Houston, TX
Our unique roster of technicians is proud of the fact that we are part of a Global Disaster Recovery Team to offer disaster relief on major loss events that have struck over the past decade. We know how to work together as a team to achieve superb results, which stands us in good stead with our commercial clients. When a fire strikes in your business, you can contact us immediately with the knowledge that we have the human resources, experience, and equipment to deal with substantial fire-loss sites. We can help return your property and its contents to its preloss condition as well as disposing of any waste debris or non-salvageable items.
The high temperatures and pressures that occur during combustion can lead to heavy lifting as well as detailed commercial fire damage restoration of your Houston, TX, and surrounding areas, business. While most of the damage is likely to push upwards onto walls and ceilings, you may find that many items below become coated in a layer of soot or dust. Firefighting procedures that use water to control the blaze can inadvertently exacerbate the situation by setting soils into fabrics or flooring.
SERVPRO commercial services share expertise in both water and fire damage restoration to ensure your business returns to its preloss condition. We can, first of all, handle much of the heavy lifting by carefully assessing the condition of debris, contents, and materials. If necessary, a crew chief can arrange for professional movers to collect salvageable items and take them to a separate warehouse for safe storage and specialized restoration. Non-salvageable items can be skipped and taken with us at the end of the service.
We can supply certified carpet cleaning technicians (CCT) to remediate residual damage to the structural contents of your business. If carpets are harmed beyond repair, we can detach and remove the carpet before replacing it with materials to match the existing ones you have.
For substantial loss duties associated with commercial property fires, contact SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball at (281) 374-6454.
Bad Odors Left Behind After Storm Damage
Call SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball if you experience storm damage. The longer the damage sits, the worse the odors get!
If your building floods during a storm in Houston, TX, and surrounding areas, your primary concern may be the damage caused to the building. The odor left behind can be an unpleasant side effect, though. Whether the smell is caused by mold growth or some other element, storm damage remediation experts can help you not only get rid of the floodwaters and the damage they caused, but also the funky stench that they brought along.
Possible Causes of Odor
Many different smells can assail your nose when you walk into your building after a storm. It may smell musty or rotten. There are many things that can cause bad odors when you have flood damage:
- Large patches of mold
- Sewage loss
- Bacteria growth
After technicians identify the source of the odor, they are better able to address the situation. They may use a series of tests and inspections to discover exactly where the foul stench originates.
Possible Solutions for Odor
If the problem causing the smell is mold growth, technicians will often start by taking care of it before they disinfect the rest of the space that has damage. Large infestations of mold have to be remediated by professionals to make sure that the area is safe and that all of the mold has been removed, otherwise, it is likely to return.
If your building has sewage, the whole area has to be disinfected to get rid of the microbes in the contaminated floodwater. Getting rid of the issue causing the smell is often just the first step, though. Air purifiers with HEPA filters or pre-filters with activated charcoal may be needed to filter odor-causing bacteria and spores out of the air.
Whether the odor in your commercial building is caused by mold growth, sewage or some other element, our certified technicians can help you get rid of it. If you are plagued by bad smells after a storm, it's a good idea to hire someone who can identify and remove the smell completely. Call SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball at (281) 374-6454.