What Can I Do When a Storm Causes Flood Damage?
SERVPRO Can Remediate the Flood Damage in Your Houston, TX!
Living in Houston, TX can open your home to many heavy rainstorms. Unfortunately, if you live in an older building, this can cause some issues. Visualize an older roof, finally giving way under the weight of pooling water, and allowing it to leak into your home. You notice water begins to drip down into your bedroom from the ceiling.
Our flood damage remediation services for Houston and surrounding areas are expert-tier. SERVPRO technicians are well trained, and we use advanced technology to ensure the best service possible. If you need flood damage remediation, get in touch with us.
What Could I Do to Be More Prepared For a Flood?
If you know a severe rainstorm is on the way, you can do a few things to be prepared for the damage your home could face.
- Keep a list of emergency numbers
- Consider having spare water and food, in case of an extended power outage
- Consider calling for assistance, anticipate flooding risks
While not all rainstorms are severe or lead to electrical utility loss, it is always good to be prepared. Having bottled water and nonperishables handy can ensure you don’t need to rush to a grocery store when everyone else is. SERVPRO suggests contacting our office to set up a scheduled appointment for demonstrating our ERP Plan. The Emergency READY Profile Plan can help prevent, or at least mitigate, damages caused by intruding water, fires, or even mold.
What Can SERVPRO Techs Do Once They're Here?
Once our highly trained technicians get to your home, they can get to work right away. We can start by:
- Covering the hole on your roof with tarps, to try and stop water from getting inside
- Employ wet/dry vacuums to remove water from between your walls, your ceiling, and your bedroom floor
- Use air blasting tubes to get dry air into hard to reach places (injecti-dry advanced devices)
Here at SERVPRO, we are dedicated to helping you reduce excess moisture in your home and prevent mold damage. If you go through an unfortunate flood loss event, get the help your home deserves!
Get in touch with SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball by calling (281) 374-6454. We're here for you!