City of Tomball Kid Club
Kids Club, Tomball's summer program, has recently partnered with the Houston Food Bank to bring free meals to participating children through the Backpack Buddy and Kids Cafe programs. During the summer months, access to free school meals becomes limited, adding strain to families who already struggle to put food on the table. Kids Club will be providing nutritious, child-friendly food to children to take home over the weekend through a food pantry at Lone-Star Community College, as well as make hot breakfast and lunch served twice a week for the attendees at the Tomball Community Center.
With that being said, SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball loves our Community and we want to do everything we can to give back and help out the ones in need.
FREE CE COURSE- Property Fire Damage!
SERVPRO Spring/Tomball will be hosting a 4 hour Class on July 19th, 2018. This class is over Property Fire Damage Restoration!
So what will this course cover?
This course has been specifically designed to teach and explain the special procedures used by professionals in mitigating and restoring fire damage claims for the insured. The purpose of the course is to provide attendees with a better understanding of the work performed by the mitigation vendor at fire damage work sites.
Classroom Credit= 4 hours
Light Drinks and Snacks will be provided throughout the class.
DATE- July 19, 2018
LOCATION- SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball- 33550 Pinehurst Loop Magnolia, TX 77355
FOR RESERVATIONS please call 281-374-6454 or Email us at- smr@SERVPROspringtomball.com OR jack.goodroe@SERVPROspringtomball.com
Hurricane Season is here!!!
Hurricane Season is here and will be until around Early November as expected.
Let's talk FACTS: Most Hurricanes rage harmlessly in the sea without ever making landfall--but when they do you should be SERVPRO Ready!
Hurricanes cause billions of dollars worth of destruction EVERY YEAR. They can cause over 11,000 deaths, over 231 hurricane landfills absorbing homes, your local coffee shop and even a mall.
Be prepared! Here are some safety tips during Hurricane Season:
1.) Stay Indoors
2.) Unplug Appliances
3.) Get a battery operated radio to listen to updates on the weather
4.) Have a first aid kit handy
5.) Stay together as a community, because there is nothing more powerful than a community that rebuilds together!
If flood waters reach into your home do as much as you can to either keep it out or get it out! Standing water, is bad water!
Stay safe, and watch the weather!
Mold Damage Tips!
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. SERVPRO of Spring / Tomball has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (281) 374-6454
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Spring / Tomball for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Spring / Tomball has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
Below are the most common Fire Hazards in your home.
It's a fact that many house fires are caused by someone attempting to cook or smoke while under the influence of alcohol.
Candle fires happen in places like bedrooms and bathrooms where people use them as mood enhancers. Unfortunately, people can fall asleep with a candle still burning or leave the room without snuffing out the flame. Candles should NEVER be left burning unattended!
Many items in the kitchen can catch fire easily including pot holders, dish towels, and product packaging. Keep curtains away from the stove and clean up all spills on the stove top or near by counters.
Unsafe use of electricity can be a ticking time bomb! An electrical fire can happen at any time. Follow-up when a fuse or circuit breaker blows. Don't just reset the breaker or replace the fuse. Find out what caused the problem.
Too many fires are caused from careless disposal of smoking materials
Is your home suffering from a water disaster?
Why should you choose SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball for your Water Mitigation?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Immediate action is crucial when dealing with water damage. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, we are strategically positioned to be faster to any size water emergency, so Spring/Tomball residents can expect an immediate response, day or night.
We’re Highly Trained Water Damage Specialists
We are water damage specialists who get started promptly to get your property dry and back to pre-water-damage condition. Using advanced water removal and drying equipment and scientific drying principles to get your property dried quickly, we document the drying process to validate your home or business is ready. Learn about our water damage training and certificates.
We Use Advanced Drying Equipment and Techniques
We invest in the latest technology and equipment because it helps us restore your home more quickly and to minimize cost. This equipment allows us to detect hidden moisture and extract standing water quickly and efficiently. We also utilize professional-strength cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing products to cleaning and sanitize the affected water damage area for your comfort and safety.
GIVE US A CALL!! 281-374-6454
Mold Remediation Process
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same.
The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (281) 374-2632
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Storm Safety Kit!
This spring there's already been a spate of severe weather and there'll likely be more to come as May is the peak season for tornadoes and June is the start of the hurricane season. So it's time to get packing, or updating, your to-go kit.
Below is a basic kit that last three days, but you should tailor yours to your family's needs, especially if you have small children.
- One gallon of water per person per day, for drinking and sanitation
- Non-perishable food and a manual can opener
- A battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA weather radio with tone alert and extra batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Filter mask or cotton t-shirt, to help filter the air
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Important family documents in a waterproof container
- Items for unique family needs, such as daily prescription medications, infant formula or diapers
We want everyone to stay safe during this Hurricane Season!!
Preventing Commercial Kitchen Fires
While commercial kitchens are a fast, convenient way to prepare food, they can also present significant fire hazards if not properly maintained.
With so many flammable ingredients in one concentrated area, you will want to take all safety precautions available to prevent a kitchen fire. Once your building has been outfitted with the proper fire protection equipment, don’t forget to schedule your regular fire alarm tests and fire extinguisher refills.
Keep It Clean
The majority of kitchen fires begin when flammable cooking material or byproducts, such as oil and grease, are ignited. Not only does grease build up on cooking surfaces, it can also collect bits of food and paper, increasing flammability.
Memorial Day Safety!
With Memorial day coming up at the end of this month, we want to remind you of a few safety tips!
- Grill Safety- While creating delicious cookout fare, have a great potential for danger. It is very important that a lit or hot grill is never left unattended; a responsible adult should stand guard as “grillmaster” to control flames and keep children and animals away from hot surfaces. Before your first grill of the year and often during grilling season, make sure your grill ready for the job. Keep it clean of grease, inspect propane fuel lines, and position your grill away from structures, trees and high-traffic walkways. You should also take any precautions in case a flare-up or fire were to occur; keep an extinguisher nearby and make sure to know how to cut off fuel lines if you are using propane.
- Driving Safety- If you plan on drinking alcohol, designate a driver who won’t drink. Let someone know where you are going, your route and when you expect to get there. If your car gets stuck along the way, help can be sent along your predetermined route.
- Water Safety- To prevent drowning, avoid alcohol when swimming or boating. Wear a life jacket whenever you are on a boat. Make sure young children are supervised at all times when near the beach, on a boat, or by a pool or hot tub. Don't swim alone or in bad weather. Learn to swim and teach your children to swim. We also recommend that you learn CPR in case of an emergency.
Everyone here from SERVPRO of Spring/Tomball hope you have a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend!